TINNITUS AND HYPERACUSIS CLINIC
The goal of Tinnitus and Hyperacusis clinic at Audicco-Neoalta Specialty Clinic is to offer latest evidence based services to evaluate, diagnose, and treat tinnitus, hyperacusis and hearing loss so that it no longer interferes with daily life activities and improve your quality of life.
We offer a range of modern tinnitus therapies and treatment program by a team of Experienced ENT Specialist, Qualified Audiologist and Psycholgist.
Neoalta Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Clinic offers multidisciplinary team assessment by Neurologist, Psychologist, Dentist or Physical therapist depending upon individual requirement
Four Steps to Tinnitus Treatment:
- Book Appointment
- ENT Clearance -Otolaryngologist (ENT Specialsit) will do thorough assessment to find out underlying cause of tinnitus and health conditions that could be treated by medicine or surgeries.
- Audiological Evaluation-Diagnostic tests by audiologist such as Pt Audiometry/Speech audiometry/MCL/ UCL, OAE, BERA. Tinnitus pitch and loudness matching
- Report & counseling about tinnitus and Treatment plan.
What Causes Tinnitus?
Tinnitus is Ringing in the ears or roaring, buzzing, hissing, or whizzing noise without any external sound. Tinnitus is frequently associated with hearing loss. In most cases tinnitus is not harmful but patient should be investigated properly to find any treatable condition.
- Disorders in the outer ear, such as ear wax, a hair touching the eardrum, a foreign body or a perforated eardrum
- Disorders in the middle ear, such as negative pressure from eustachian tube dysfunction, middle ear fluid, ear infection, otosclerosis, allergies or benign tumors
- Disorders in the inner ear, such as sensorineural hearing loss due to noise exposure, aging, ototoxic medication , inner ear infection or Meniere's disease often accompanied by hearing loss and dizziness
- Emotional stress
What is the Treatment for Tinnitus?
Any underlying cause if found is to be treated:
While there's no proven cure for tinnitus, a number of treatments have been shown to significantly reduce the symptoms.
Digital Hearing Aids for Tinnitus:
Amplified external sounds or the internal noise of hearing aids could mask the tinnitus Our audiologists provide you with a choice of digital hearing aids from a range of manufacturers' to suit your hearing test, budget and personal comfort.
Tinnitus Retraining Therapy: TRT has a holistic approach of sound therapy and counseling which tries to make the patient accustomed to a noise in such a way that he/she learns to ignore it. The therapy focuses on training the patient's brain to screen out the undesirable noise.
Music therapy : Created by fusing the user's favorite music files on their computer with targeted sound therapy file specific to the user's tinnitus frequency. By doing so, we stop the hyperactivity in the brain that causes tinnitus.
Yoga : Pranayama is an important aspect of yoga which deals with reducing anxiety levels in patients.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): The patient who is severely disturbed by tinnitus, has depression or anxiety disorder, may be helped with behavior therapy. It also helps the patient to learn better coping strategies for tinnitus.
The Vertigo Clinic provides expertise in managing comprehensive range of vestibular disorders. Effectively treated by customized vestibular rehabilitation by trained Vestibular Physiotherapists and improve quality of life.
Our Core Expertise
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Training,
- Balance training or Canalith Repositioning Maneuvers.
Common Conditions We Treat
The Vertigo Clinic provides expertise in the diagnosis and treatment for people with a wide range of inner ear balance problems
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Migraine Associated Dizziness
- Falls and fear of falling due to balance problem in elderly
- Balance problems and dizziness following Stroke
- Parkinson's disease
- Whiplash injury
- Cervical arthritis
- Resection after acoustic neuroma
- Miniere's disease
Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon & Hearing Specialist DR Archana jhawar is Chief ENT specialist and her special focus is early intervention- Prevention, diagnosis , medical -surgical management of hearing loss & tinnitus, in eladerly as well pediatric population.