Sneha Shah is post graduate qualified Senior Audiologist & Speech Therapist with 9 years experience at Audicco Speech Hearing Center at Zen Multi Specialty Hospital, Chembur (East), Mumbai.
She has special expertise in hearing test for all age group such as audiomtery, Impedance audiometry, BERA, ASSR and OAE and digital hearing aid fitting.
Her area of interest includes speech therapy for hearing impaired, Cochlear implantees, learning disorder, autism, aphasia, speech delay, stammering. Cleft lip and cleft palate.
She also specializes in Tinnitus Management.
Languages known : English, Hindi, Gujrati & Marathi
|Audicco at zen
Multi specialty Hospital
|Chembur (East), Mumbai
||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Speech Therapy Experience:
- Performed formal and informal speech and language assessments and determined appropriate diagnosis.
- Reviewed and discussed medical and developmental case histories with interdisciplinary team.
- Wrote comprehensive interdisciplinary evaluation and follow-up reports to include information about current levels of ability and recommendations for intervention.
- Developed appropriate treatment goals and activities related to the specific needs of patients.
- Provided supportive and educative counselling to parents and families
- Worked with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mental Retardation, Attention Deficit hyperactive disorder, cerebral palsy, hearing impairment, phonological disorder, childhood apraxia, learning disability, cleft lip & palate and fluency disorders and voice disorders
- Gained clinical experience of patients with communication and swallowing disorders in both in-patients and out-patients settings
- Worked co-operatively with Paediatricians, ENT Specialists, Neurologists, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist
- Measurements of hearing acuity of patients of all ages, using Pure Tone Audiometry, Speech Audiometry, Immittance Audiometry, Behavior Observation Audiometry(BOA), Visual Reinforced Audiometry(VRA), Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry(BERA), Steady state evoked potentials (SSEP), Otoacoustic emissions(OAE) and correlating the various test results.
- Hearing Aids: Candidacy, Selection and fitting, Programming, Post fitting Counselling, Trouble shooting, Taking ear mould impression, Real Ear Measurement (REM)
BASLP - T.N. Medical College & B.Y.L Nair hospital, Mumbai., 2005
MASLP - T.N. Medical College & B.Y.L Nair hospital. Mumbai 2007
- Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist at Definite Hearing Center, Goregaon for 3 years.
- Speech Language Pathologist with Dr. Samir Dalwai at New Horizons Child Development Center, Goregaon for 3 years.
- Speech Language Pathologist and Audiologist at All India Women's Conference Charitable trust, Jogeshwari for 3 years.
- Attended 48th national ISHA conference, at Koilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai in 2016
- Attended 2 days MISHA workshop on " Consensus Behavioural Evaluation of communication in a Developing Child: Development of Uniform Clinical Protocol" in 2015
- Attended Seminar on "Management of Voice disorders" conducted by Dr. Joseph Stemple in 2009
- Attended Seminar on " Legal issues and consumer Protection act for speech language and hearing professionals organised by MISHA 2008
- Attended workshop on " Evaluation and Management of Voice Disorders" organised by INDIAN VOICE ASSOCIATION in 2006
- Attended workshop on "Satellite Symposium on Spasticity " At Nair Hospital in 2007
- Conducted 3 full days audiological camp as a team, organised by STATE RESEVE POLICE FORCE GROUP (SRPF) Mumbai, comprising of audiological test for 326 Police officers in 2007
- Attended 37th annual national ISHA 3 days conference, Indore , in 2005
- Attended 36th annual National ISHA 3 days conference, Mysore, in 2004
- Attended workshop on " Training to administer "Language Ability Test" and for screening skills that act as pre requisite to develop normal and apt language in English, Gujrati and Marathi" organised by "NIRMITEE" Indore, 2005
- Presented Scientific paper entitled " Voice production following Short Term Intubation: An attempt to create awareness at 37th ISHA Conference in 2005
- Presented Scientific paper entitled "Checklist : An adjunct for the clinical impression of Unilateral Upper Motor Neuron Dysarthias" at 37th ISHA conference in 2005
- Presentation on "Role of Speech Language Therapist In Management Children with Cerebral Palsy" at Paediatric conference organised by New Horizon Child Development centre in 2006