OBESITY & BARIATRIC SURGERY CLINIC
At Neoalta's Obesity& Bariatric Surgery Clinic, multidisciplinary team of Bariatric Surgeon, Physician, Dietitian and Physiotherapist focus for long term weight control. We offer one stop support for obesity related problems through Sleep Specialist, Gastroenterologist, Cardiology and Internal Medicine, as needed. We also offer both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for weight loss. Bariatric surgery or more commonly known as the weight-loss surgery is evolving as a lifesaving and life-changing treatment especially for severely obese or morbidly obese people. The bariatric surgery is recommended for those who have not succeeded with traditional or medically supervised weight-loss strategies like exercise, medication or diet modification.
What is Bariatric Surgery?
The bariatric surgery restricts the amount of food you can eat and / or by interrupts the digestive process. Bariatric surgery helps in losing weight and as a result many diseases like high blood pressure, heart ailments, diabetes, sleep apnea and others that are related to obesity can be kept under control and you may see improvements in serious medical conditions.
The Right Candidate for Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery is meant for those who are morbidly obese. People with a body mass index (BMI) of over 35 are considered as severely obese and perfect candidates for this surgery.
Main factors need to be considered before going for this surgery:
- Minimum BMI of 40 for at least five years, or a minimum BMI of 35 with medical complications that are related to obesity.
- Between the ages of 18 and 65. Those above or below this age criteria can be considered on a case-to-case basis.
- Evidence of previous attempts to lose weight through a medically supervised program like exercise, diet and lifestyle modifications.
Our Core Expertise
- Laparoscopic Gastric Banding
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve
- Laparoscopic Gastric Plication
- Gastric Balloon
- Duodenal Switch
- Conversion Surgery
- Diet Modification